summer in germany

summer in germany
My home

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Tribute to my teacher...

So, today at my Deutsch class was the last day of my favorite teacher, Eva.  I've been taking this course since December of last year, and have had now 6 different instructors.  For each "section" of the course, the week is split between two teachers, hence the 6 different people.  I have to say, all have been good...all have spoken English so that when I had that deer in the headlights look, they translate in English so that I can understand.  In previous classes, both teachers have been equally talented with no real differences in style.  Until June.  In this last module, these teachers are DRASTICALLY different in style, and its a sad day when my Eva is gone.  She is Hungarian by birth, and has been teaching Deutsch for 12 years.  She really loves this language and it certainly shows in her teaching style.  She is young, fun, a mom, and has a way of getting to know her students on a more personal level and I am thankful for her help through this course as I would have never gotten this far had it not been for her.  I am now able to speak, read and understand what I've read, listen more clearly and better yet, WRITE in a language that 10 months ago was completely foreign to me.  To say that I'm on my way to being a bilingual adult is true, and I have her to thank.  She and I, together with my new Irish girlfriend Tracy have become friends and for us "Auslanders" (Tracy and I, both not from Germany), to make a new friend is very important to us.  We laughed to day, we cried today and in the end left with no sadness of losing her, but of gaining "Mama Eva".  Who couldn't use another Mom??

Ich liebe dich, Eva.  Gottseidank für alles hilf und lieb.  Wir treffen yu Haus gleich!

1 comment:

  1. Talk about immersion language lessons! I know all the words to 99 luftballons...

    ReplyDelete